Friday 9 February 2018

Vanessa Bell

  • Vanessa Bell
  • Type: Painting
  • Medium: Oils on Canvas
  • Unframed Dimensions (cms): h: 50 w: 40 d: 2 
  • Description:
    Vanessa Bell ( 30 May 1879-  7 April 1961) was a vital component in the Bloomsbury group. She was an English painter and interior designer. Sister of Virginia Woolf. The friendships within the group and the type of art they were creating for that time have fascinated me since I first came to discover Bloomsbury after I saw an  exhibition of their interior work at Victoria Art Gallery in Bath in 2016. Vanessa in particular has captivated me with her carefree way of thinking and being and I feel a connection and great admiration for her as an artist and a woman. This is a portrait of her to reflect her strong character which still lives on through her work and the impression she has left on all of us who are enchanted by Bloomsbury.





No comments: