Monday 16 October 2017

Still Life 2

This is a Post-impressionism and Cloisonnism inspired still life. Looking and exploring different styles and techniques that I have not tried before. Very much inspired by Paul Cezanne and Vanessa Bell. This was a completely made up still life, this is an imaginative composition as this was not my main focus with this painting. I wanted to create it this way to enable me to be more free with my application of paint and in the style generally as I tend to get too bogged down with detail if I'm painting from an image or display. Restrictions did not apply. This painting was aimed to focus mainly on form, and colour, I did not care for accuracy. I used larger brush strokes and layered the paint on more thickly this style enabled me to be able to complete the painting quicker and gifted me freedom that I enjoyed.

Title: Still Life 2
Medium: oil on Canvas
Size:16 x 20 inches approx.


No comments: