Saturday, 15 July 2017

Mural

Medium: Acrylic and Gouache on wall
Title: Looking Out

This is my first wall mural it's been painted in a bathroom. Image 1 is of the first/ initial sketch I roughly drew out in pastels to see what would work and what kind of colours went well together. I did deviate a little from the initial design, a strip of shrubbery was added on to the central image of the final piece and I completely changed the boarder in the end. All the images following image 2 are of the final mural. Image 2 is the piece of art that actually inspired me to paint this mural, it is an image of a mural painted by Duncan Grant who was part of the Bloomsbury group, he painted it above a fire place in 'The Garden Room' at Charleston. I took the image of the woman on the left side of the painting as my inspiration and then created everything else around her. I think the reason I really wanted to incorporate this voluptuous figure was because for me she represents a real woman with her curves and not the typical size zero women we see in the media.

Image 1


Image 2











No comments: